Charity and community involvement at Mainstay Technologies
We live in a world where not all have the same opportunities, the same abilities, and the same justice. Whether it is poverty, drug epidemics, and limited employment opportunities in our state, or destitution, famine, and disasters halfway around the world, there are billions in need.
Those of us blessed with any degree of prosperity have the ability to profoundly impact lives, express love, and relieve pain. We have a responsibility to steward what we have and use it for the good of those around us.
Acts 20:35 says “I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
At Mainstay, we believe that a consciously run business has a remarkable lifting power. But this alone isn’t enough. Therefore we seek to give wisely and have implemented the following measures:
- Our current charity of choice is Camp Spaulding – we fully underwrite 5 scholarships for children otherwise unable to attend camp, focusing on refugee communities
- As a team, we volunteer a full day annually (Mainstay provides a VTO day for the purpose) at Camp Spaulding
- We provide an annual $250 charity match for team members’ donations to their charity of choice
- We provide discounts to our non-profit clients
- Mainstay is a member of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation’s Entrepreneur’s Fund of NH (EFNH)
- Annually, Mainstay purchases tax credits to support worthy causes in NH. Tax credit recipients have included the Laconia Area Community Land Trust, Giving & Going Alliance, and the Colonial Theater project
- Team members, on a Mainstay’s Charity team, choose our charity focus