Charity and community involvement at Mainstay Technologies
We live in a world where not all have the same opportunities, the same abilities, and the same justice. Whether it is poverty, drug epidemics, and limited employment opportunities in our state, or destitution, famine, and disasters halfway around the world, there are billions in need.
Those of us blessed with any degree of prosperity have the ability to profoundly impact lives, express love, and relieve pain. We have a responsibility to steward what we have and use it for the good of those around us.
Acts 20:35 says “I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
At Mainstay, we believe that a consciously run business has a remarkable lifting power. But this alone isn’t enough. Therefore we seek to give wisely and have implemented the following measures:
- We have a Charity team, made up of Mainstay team members, who directs our giving. Our philosophy is to determine a focus area, identify strong nonprofits in that area, and support several with as many dollars as possible and as much other support as we can, to have a strong partnership.
- Mainstay’s focus is on children facing disadvantages and creating opportunities for them.
- One of our long-standing charity partners is Camp Spaulding – we annually underwrite 5 scholarships for children otherwise unable to attend camp, focusing on refugee communities.
- We fund an IT NHTI scholarship.
- In 2019, we have partnered with Waypoint, funding adoption home studies for family members seeking to adopt and prevent children from entering foster care.
- In 2019, we are supporting charities implementing solar panels.
- As a team, we volunteer a full day annually (Mainstay provides a VTO day for the purpose) at Camp Spaulding and provide other volunteer opportunities.
- We maintain a Donor Advised Fund and partner with New Hampshire Charitable Foundation for guidance.
- Many team members support this fund on an ongoing basis through payroll deductions. Mainstay matches their donations dollar for dollar.
- We give additionally from profits, and we have increased that since the 2018 tax cuts, consistent with our pledge to keep the tax cut savings in the business, funding new benefits, increased charity support, and increased environmental stewardship.
- We provide discounts to our non-profit clients.
- Mainstay is a member of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation’s Entrepreneur’s Fund of NH (EFNH).
- Annually, Mainstay purchases tax credits to support worthy causes in NH. Tax credit recipients have included the Lakes Region Community Developers, Families in Transition, Giving & Going Alliance, and the Colonial Theater project.