Mainstay Technologies (one of NH’s 2018 Best Companies to Work For)
Mainstay is looking for the rare professional who is passionate about helping people, enjoys a varied and stimulating job, has a solid technical foundation, possesses great troubleshooting skills, shows attention to detail, and thrives meeting challenges that have clear goals.
The Client Systems Administrator (SA) leads key elements of service delivery for our clients. We provide the service of an entire IT department to multiple clients, and the SA works directly with a handful of clients. His/her job is to get to know the client, participate in leading technology improvements, oversee proactive measures, implement projects (with other team members), resolve some issues, and exercise a high degree of “ownership” over the clients environment. It is an integral role, working closely with other team members for complete service delivery.
We provide a great deal of training and team support and there are multiple opportunities for growth, training, and aspects of specialization. The experience gained is significant.
At Mainstay Technologies, our mission is We give more than we get, and it reflects our commitment to a business model that is good for all, our culture that encourages, and our relentless focus on service to clients through mastery of what we do.
We provide the service of an IT team and an Information Security team to our clients (small and mid-sized businesses throughout NH and northern MA). We care about every facet of what we do and seek to be pioneers in thought leadership, service delivery, and intentionality of our business.
It is an approach that has won us many awards (including 2018 awards – the Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and Best Companies to Work For), grown the team from 0 to over 50 team members (with no debt or outside investments), allowed us to give tens of thousands of dollars to charities, and facilitated extremely high client and team retention rates.
* Performing IT systems administration and engineering
* Taking ownership of client network health and reliability through proactive maintenance and audits
* Implementing new technologies, with the support of dedicated engineers
* Routinely visiting clients onsite as well as managing items remotely
* Working with company team leaders to develop and lead the implementation of roadmaps for clients to bring them into solid standards and leverage of innovation
* Working with other team members for a complete IT department delivery – bringing enterprise level service to small businesses
* Managing client line-of-business applications
* Reviewing reports for system health, trends, and open items for client, working alongside the client’s point-of-contact – seeking to ensure their environment is performing well and aligned well with business goals
* Addressing some reactive desktop, server, and network issues, assisting the whole team with what needs to be done
* Participating or leading client projects, implementing new technologies such as servers, firewalls, applications, and more
The attributes that define a Systems Administrator:
One of the most important attributes to have is genuine caring and passion for the success of other people. We don’t just care about industry leading technology, or top-notch service, but we are genuinely passionate about the success of our clients.
* Excellent foundation in technology, including experience with infrastructure, Active Directory, applications, and workstations.
* Strong inter-personal skills – enjoy relating with staff & clients.
* Solid problem-solving skills – be able to take a challenge and break it down.
* Committed professionalism – showing up on time, working hard, and no office politics!(We have each other’s backs and are committed to helping one another succeed)
* Deal maturely with the pressures of the job and take ownership over your own work. (We do not micromanage – instead setting goals and providing resources and support)
* Love working as a team.
* Desire for career and personal growth.
* Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment.
* Multiple years in the industry, supporting IT.
* Multi-task with exceptionally high consistency and attention to detail.
* Excellent technical and business aptitude, with an ability to learn quickly.
We have offices in Belmont and Manchester, NH. This position has flexibility for working from home and either office. There is travel to client sites involved frequently. Travel to clients is reimbursed at IRS rates.
Technical Qualifications & Skills Required:
* 4+ years of experience in full time IT, including Windows server and network administration
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), or Associates Degree in IT minimum preferred education requirements
* A solid understanding of system best practices, including areas of workstation, server, network, and peripheral support and deployment
Salary & benefits
This is a full time, salaried position with a full benefits package, including 75% of medical costs covered for the entire family. Benefits also include: a wellness program, training program (including paid certifications), laptop, smartphone, charitable program, retirement plan, and 3 weeks of starting PTO (4 after 2 years).
Applying for the Job