Mainstay Technologies: Senior Technical Inside Sales Role
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Mainstay is looking for an authentic, experienced, high-intellect professional to carry a technical inside sales role (actual title will change, as the role integrates with service delivery). We are seeking a mature individual, well-versed in guiding conversations, making complex concepts simple, and walks in the “challenger sales” model.
Most important is a commitment to highest integrity. We are seeking someone who wants to be a part of a mission-first organization, with a well-integrated role.
This role works as a crucial part of Mainstay’s Managed Service Provider services, where we carry the IT department responsibilities for our clients. Working alongside the technical team to prepare for meetings with client decision-makers, presenting technology plans, and guiding clients through complex decision making, it also serves the team and clients by being a point of contact for service alignment. The role serves as the business authority for the client, able to discuss a wide-range of issues, and equip the client to manage IT well – bridging the gap between the technical team and client business leaders.
It requires authority and exceptional persuasion, but persuasion always in the pursuit of what is best for the client, through the method of training decision makers how to make technology decisions. Familiarity with technology is strongly preferred, proven aptitude at learning technology concepts is a must.
Based on our approach, long-term view, and integration with service delivery, this is not a commissioned sales role.
Mainstay Technologies provides ongoing IT services & Information Security services to organizations throughout New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts. Our clients typically have 15-300 staff and look to us for technology leadership, guidance, and service delivery. We are committed to delivering excellence inside of trusted relationships. We care deeply about our clients and about our company – our culture is one of our strongest assets. We believe in a business model that balances all stakeholders and seeks to provide ever-increasing value to our clients, our team members, our owners, our community, our vendors, and our environment. Our mission is to always give more than we get, by creating value and positively impacting lives at every turn.
We are in an exciting industry, with significant opportunities ahead of us, we love what we do, and we are growing. We have won numerous awards, including our most recent three: “Best of Business 2019,” the “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics,” and “Best Companies to Work For.”
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
* Meeting with team members to tailor IT services to specific clients, solicit feedback, and address any relationship challenges.
* Engaging with the team in planning for clients’ infrastructure and support (there is no responsibility for the technology aspect of planning).
* Meeting with clients, alongside team members, to guide clients through technology recommendations, planning options, and lead towards best practices.
* Solicit feedback directly from clients, understand their concerns and needs, and provide feedback to the operational team.
* Lead through any client service questions or concerns with a method that both ensures we deliver world-class service and guides the client into the most effective processes, sets expectations appropriately, and aligns the client organization as well.
* (Optional) Conduct trainings to clients’ employees, or to the public.
QUALITIES YOU SHOULD HAVE
* Strong inter-personal skills – enjoy meeting new people, relating, and building relationships
* Great intelligence – ability to brainstorm, be creative, problem solve, and strategize
* Exceptional persuasion – verbal and written skills with great intentionality in communication
* Gravitas – be comfortable as the authority in the room.
* Stability – be unstressed at guiding through tricky service or relationship challenges, to lead them in a way that improves both sides.
* Challenger sales skills – comfort with kindly pushing on preconceptions and guiding people to the actual best solution to their goals, not simply attempting to please in a meeting
* Technology aptitude – at least on a personal level, be comfortable with technology and eager to learn more
* Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, varied environment
We have offices in Belmont and Manchester, NH. This position has flexibility on which location it works out of and will have the ability to work some from home. Client meetings are typically held onsite and our clients are within a 1 hour radius of either office. A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license is required (we reimburse for mileage expenses).
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position with generous compensation and benefits. Because of the nature of the integration with our clients and the criticality of guiding them with integrity, this is not a commission-based role. Benefits include 3% match on 401(k), 75% coverage of medical for the full family, dental, certification program, charitable program, laptop, smartphone, and generous PTO.
APPLYING FOR THE JOB
To apply for any of our job listings, please click here to send us an email, with your resume attached, and we will be sure to get back to you. Thank you for your interest in Mainstay!